XMPP ruby chat bot
After Python-IRC-bot my interest was in making a gmail bot, that lead me to make a simple bot very much like the previous irc bot, its called rgbot.
To add the bot to your contact : add l33ty.l33t[at]gmail[dot]com
XMPP Gmail Bot in rb ; rb+gmail+bot => rgbot. rgbot is an XMPP bot build with ruby, that runs on gmail and can do things like :
* l33t translation
* Google I'm feeling lucky search
* Karma system
* XCKD random images
* Flipping a coin, throwing the dice
Preparing your system
List of dependencies :
Get the dependencies if on a Debian based system by typing the below, or else get the source and compile :
sudo gem install xmpp4r-simple
After the above, you may run the code by :
git clone git://github.com/hemanth/rgbot.git
# edit the bot name and password
Do give your feedbacks and suggestions in the comment section below and fork the code and improve it from rbgot.git
Recent blog posts
- watir-webdriver web inspector
- gem list to gemfile
- Packing ruby2.0 on debian.
- Made it into The Guinness Book!
- to_h in ruby 2.0
- Filter elements by pattern jQuery.
- Better HTML password fields for mobile ?
- Grayscale image when user offline
- nth-child CSS pseudo-class Christmas colors
- EventEmitter in nodejs